Monday, November 27, 2006

My World on ebay

Have you personalized your ebay "My World" page? If not, why not take just a few minutes to do so. "My World" is a relatively new part of ebay. Any time anyone clicks on your user id from one of your listing pages, your feedback page, your "me" page, or just about anywhere your user id appears, ebay shows them your "My World" page.

The "My World" page offers you the opportunity to share your world with, well, the rest of the world, and as widespread and well known as ebay is, that's no exaggeration. So, what do you want the world to know about your world? The page is limited to a handful of components, or modules, but you have the freedom to include or exclude most of those modules (your profile and feedback are always included, though you can specify how many feedback comments to display). You may display and personalize modules including your bio, your ebay blog, your listings, information about your store, your favorite searches, sellers, and stores, and your ebay reviews and guides. In the profile section you can also include an image, perhaps a picture of yourself so that people can see what that otherwise anonymous person they're transacting business with looks like.

The bio section has the most possibilities for customization, from a list of languages you speak to your hobbies and interests, as well as a couple of sections that you can title as you choose and include anything that you want to share that doesn't fit in any other category. This is a good place to include such information as your payment or return policies, perhaps in more detail than you would in an auction listing.

Whether you are a buyer or a seller on ebay, it's a good idea to update and personalize your "My World" page. Providing unique information about yourself gives you the opportunity to add personality to the otherwise very impersonal process of buying and selling online.

To personalize your own “My World” page, go to “My ebay” and click on your user id. Ebay will walk you through it from there. To view my “My World” page, look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment