Monday, October 25, 2010

Whooo Sisters!

This morning, I had just left the grocery store and was sitting at a red light.  I looked to my left and was delighted to see a car full of nuns right next to me. (Nuns just make me smile.)  These four women in their blue and white habits were bopping along to the music on the radio, which was a little loud to tell you the truth.  I watched them grooving to the music when they suddenly clapped in unison and twirled their arms over their heads.  It made my day.

Their simple joy in dancing and singing in the car was infectious.  I cranked up my own music, ready to dance all the way home.  I'm not sure what they were listening to, it sounded Bollywood-ish but I could be mistaken.  I just know that at that moment I wanted to be in their car singing and dancing with the Brides of Christ.

My 10 year old smiled at me and winked a little.  ( He thinks he's so cool.) "Now we know," he said.

"Know what?"  I ashed him.

"Why them." He explained.  "Jesus could marry anyone.  He's God.  That's a pretty good catch.  Of course he would pick the fun ones who dance."

You're right son.  Now we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment