Saturday, October 2, 2010

Extraordinary Form Mass - TONIGHT: Anchorage, Alaska



the quest
As many of you know, I am currently "Out of the Office" on a hiatus. I know I am a little cryptic, but there are reasons for that. That being said, I have been quite spiritually thirsty... even more so then normal. My routine has been chaotic, my spiritual needs have been but quite low on the priority list, and I just haven't had the encounters with the Sacred that I need. The worst part is, I am not even really in the Desert  that I have been in for the last year or so.

extraordinary...
Tonight... I am going to attempt to attend to those needs. I am going to be going to an Extraordinary Form Mass tonight, a Tridentine Rite aka Mass in the usus antiquior. It has been quite a while, since about March of this year. In fact... I almost forgot how to spell usus antiquior. I really need this... I am giddy and excited. Unfortunately I am going alone... my wife and I are still apart from one another. (Don't worry my hiatus has nothing to do with "US"; it is job related.

preparing for the encounter
So I am fasting... and praying. I don't have my Missal... so tonight will be about one thing, and one thing only. Opening my heart to the Worship of God. Whatever I intake tonight... will be from the Holy Spirit. What is really nice is that tomorrow I will be at the same church for the Red Mass. There are just times when one thirsts so much... and needs spiritual drink... hopefully mind will come this evening.

Pray for me... as I pray for you and all the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment