Friday, August 27, 2010

St. Monica & St. Ambrose ~ Ora Pro Nobis

The Death of St. Monica
Stellar exemplars
I often cry out for Spiritual Direction. I have been praying to find a SD for a few years now. I have even prayed whether or not I should re-do RCIA or some formal Catechesis. Yet, I have not appealed to those who have had so much recourse with God in the past.

Today, on her feast, I plead for the intercession of St. Monica. I also ask that St. Ambrose pray for me... that I may find my direction and ultimately find a true conversion of heart to the Truth.

"There was indeed one thing for which I wished to tarry a little in this life, and that was that I might see you a Catholic before I died. My God hath answered this more than abundantly, so that I see you now made His servant and spurning all earthly happiness. What more am I to do here?" Augustine: Confessions, book 9, chapter 10
Baptism of St. Augustine by St. Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment