Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thanks to Anna Chapman, there goes that idea...

I went to law school with the idea/plan of possibly working in some of federal law enforcement position. In my mind that meant the FBI or CIA, they were the "ultimate dream." Since graduation, I have come to grips with some facts, mainly that I did not go to a Top Tier (ie Ive League) college or law school...and  I really don't have any unique skills. No foreign language, no amazing physical attributes, and definitely no "inside connections." I realize that my "goals" have transformed into more of a "dream" or even "fantasy," meaning... it isn't going to happen! Yet I still held on to a faint glimmer of hope, that I would be sitting in my office one day, receive a package from some random guy in a non-descript delivery uniform, containing a "secured phone." It would ring, and I would be thrust into the world of international espionage...

Well there goes that idea...

After today, I think the nails have hit the coffin. With the arrest of 10 "spies" this week from Russia, the whole espionage world has been throw into the limelight. That being said, one of the more "glamorous" aspects of it... made famous by James Bond has been brought front and center in a sensationalized way:




Add to her sultry-new york socialite-james bond spy looks a twist of a Russian accent, and there is NO WAY my wife is going to let me become a spy...

Even if she DID allow me to do it, under the aforementioned scenario, the position would last about one day due to the first conversation we would have about my job at dinner: [What I ACTUALLY would say is in Blue, What my wife would HEAR in her mind is in RED]
Wife: "What did you do today?"
Me: "Oh, not much, the usual, had lunch with a lady at work. Tried to trick her into divulging where the next transfer of information is going to happen." [Had a nice little date at a restaurant that I would never take you to, where I gazed into her communist eyes adoringly.]
Wife: "Oh that's nice, who is she?"
Me: "Just some mean ole' Russian Spy-Lady." [Just some beautiful Russian model turned spy.]
Wife: "Does she have a sultry Russian accent?"
Me: "uh...no?" [Of course she has a Russian accent, she is Russian, and Tchaikovsky plays in the background while she speaks.]
Wife: "Riiight.... is she pretty?"
Me: "She isn't un-attractive, but they INTENTIONALLY pick beautiful women for these jobs." [She is gorgeous, why do you think I took this job, it is actually listed as a BENEFIT on the job description.]
Wife: "What did you talk about?"
Me: "Guns, Missiles, and Jets?" [Guns, Missiles, and Jets - oh and then we had ice cream because she said she needed to gain a few pounds to help her fit into her new Prada baithing suit.]
Wife: "You are quitting."
...so I guess it is back to the drawing board.



Maybe this can be a bargaining chip to let me go get a Canon Law Degree?

No comments:

Post a Comment