Friday, May 21, 2010

Renovation Manipulation


I was at Adoration yesterday, and I picked up a book stuck in the corner of a bookshelf that few people scavenge through. Admittedly, and properly, the most used books are the Magnificat, and In Conversation with God.

Anyway, I picked up this little gem and began to read. I was not un-happy with what I had stumbled across.



Although I only got through the first 2 chapters before I had to leave, I was quite intrigued. Certainly, the relatively new movement of post Vatican II minimalism in our Catholic Churches, is not only eerily Protestant, but it is also shamefully secular. The book proposes that the faithful must step up when faced with Parish Councils who are misguided, or worse yet, intentional on removing masterpieces and holy objects directed at the praise, worship, and thanksgiving to the creator of the universe.

Since I haven't read the entire book yet, I can't give a critique or synopsis, but I will get those posted once I get through it. In the mean time, if you have read the book, feel free to give your impressions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment