Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to my God-Daughter!



Today is the 1st birthday of my God-Daughter. So please say a prayer for both her and I. It really is a heavy duty to be a God-parent. What makes it so heavy is that during the first few years there is so little you can do... there isn't a lot of formation, so the duty rests in your prayer as a God-parent.

So humor me for a minute and read a prayer/letter for my God-daughter. I got this idea from Dan at GLACC.

Dear God-daughter,

As you turn 1years old today, I wish you could know how many people are praying for you, for your health, and for your spiritual growth. You have a very loving and faithfully Catholic family, and I know that each one of them prays for you often.

Also, I ask Mary, ever virgin, for her intercession. Much like you love your mother, and she cares for you and attends to your every need, there is another Mother that we can appeal to for spiritual needs. She was given to us by Christ, Her Son, so that we would never be absent someone to help us... so as I appeal to Her on your behalf, for Her constant intercession with Her Son, the same Lord Christ, let her into your heart.

Let too, the Holy Spirit descend into your heart. As you get older you will feel things, whispers, and inklings to move in the Spirit. Follow these things... they are not feelings, they are The Spirit; it will make all the difference.

Finally, appeal to your Guardian Angel. They are real, and yes you have one. I have seen your eyes in church, and wondered if you caught their gaze. They are more concerned for your souls well being than almost anyone else. Use their protection, appeal to their love, and don't lose your belief in them. They will protect you from evil and from danger, but you must be the one to let them.

And again, know... that we are praying for you.


Your God-father.

No comments:

Post a Comment