Saturday, December 30, 2006

Product Sourcing with Self-Storage Unit Auctions

The first question I hear most people ask when they decide to sell on ebay is, “Where do I find stuff to sell?” While there are many answers to that question, my good friend Karen Davis has written a great e-book with her solution to the product sourcing question.

Storage Auction Momma - Turning Storage Auction Bargains into Online Auction Gold contains a wealth of information on finding products to sell in abandoned self-storage units. You know the places – they’re everywhere – with rows and rows of little attached garage units where people temporarily park their excess belongings. Occasionally the renter of a unit will default on paying the monthly fee. After a predefined period of time, the owner of the storage facility is, by law, allowed to offer the contents of said unit to the highest bidder. That’s where you and I come in.

Storage Auction Momma is directed particularly to moms, even stay-at-home moms, but if you’re not a mom don’t let the title scare you away; this e-book contains information anyone can learn from and use. Karen takes the reader step by step through the process of acquiring the contents of these storage units, assuming her reader has never done this before. The book was perfect for me. I had seen ads in the paper for storage unit auctions, but I had no idea what to do after I read the ad. Since I have read the book, not only do I know what to do and what to expect, I have complete confidence that I, too, can show up at one of these auctions and not look or feel like a totally uninformed newcomer. In fact, I have learned how to conduct this aspect of my online auction business in such a way that the owners of the facilities will be happy to see me each time I come back.

Karen taught me how to find auctions, what to expect, what to take with me (cash and a broom are on the list), how to quickly evaluate the contents of the storage unit, and even taught me that it’s okay not to bid. She also gives suggestions of how to get rid of items that I might not want to sell on ebay, such as large items or hard to ship items. Going back to the “momma” aspect, she even tells her readers how to get their families involved.

In short, I really like this e-book and feel very comfortable recommending it as an inexpensive resource with a whole lot to offer to anyone looking for a source of products to sell on ebay or elsewhere. The subtitle, Turning Storage Auction Bargains into Online Auction Gold, may not fit every single storage unit auction situation, but I am confident that self-storage unit auctions may well be my own new product sourcing gold mine. I can’t wait to put these suggestions to work.

Now, what are you waiting for? Check out Storage Auction Momma today!

No comments:

Post a Comment