Friday, October 7, 2005

A day in the life of Spencer

When you write to AdSense - whether it's for help with payments, troubleshooting or general feedback - I might be the guy who writes back. Since so many of you have shared your stories with me, I thought it was only fair to tell you a little bit about my role here at AdSense.

I try to roll into the office fairly early to beat the Bay Area traffic. Then, fortified with extra strong coffee, I spend most of my day responding to publisher emails and working on projects to improve AdSense publisher support. Somewhere in the noon range I break for lunch at one of the Google cafes - my favorite menu item is the carne asada burrito with guacamole. Since the California weather has been nice, I've been eating outside with friends. In the afternoon, I sometimes take a break for a game of foosball. Our office is filled with world class foosball players, of which I am not one. So the games don't tend to last very long.




























Most of my time, though, is spent writing to publishers over email. It's a good feeling when I've helped publishers get paid, or can troubleshoot a problem so that ads start to appear on their pages. Our publisher base has a lot of energy and is incredibly diverse. I can be working with a publisher from Oregon one minute, and the next minute I might get an email from Lebanon. The best part about my job is being able to help people all over the world. Plus, I get to see a lot of cool websites every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment