Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's after midnight

And I feel like a teenager again. I haven't sat up late like this in, oh, decades. Seriously. I have started to become a night owl again and am still waking up naturally by 7am. I think that I have developed the ability to function on less sleep, which is not anything natural to me at all. I have always had the tendency to sleep for 10 hours, and then wake up feeling great. I never felt like 8 hours was enough. I could never understand those people who could go on three hours a day and continually do fine. That was never me.

For the past week, I've been busy, very busy. I've stayed up late most nights and gone to bed around 1 or 2 am. And here I am again, Sunday night, catching up stuff, typing faster than I have in years. And feeling completely fine about it. Not even panicked that I might have problems at work tomorrow due to feeling tired. Because I'll be fine. WOW.

Plus, ran into a person who used to be one of my staff in a previous career. Very circumspect person, she only says what needs to be said and never gave out much emotionally. When I saw her I went up and said hi and she was not outgoing about it, so I figured no problem, that's always been her. Then half an hour later she came up, gave me her business card (cool stuff too!), and said "You look years younger than you did a couple of years ago. Whatever you are doing keep on doing it because it's working."

Wow. And very awesome to hear. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment