Monday, June 28, 2010

A Little Way

My wife is amazing... and her faith is so unique and strong, that it surprises me all the time.  She is a self-professed "Cradle Catholic." She says it in a pejorative way, but I have always said that she is the anchor of my faith.

She has a way of distilling things and explaining things to me in a simple and straightforward way, that I am often caught off-guard. Many times, she in fact sees things that I have looked beyond because I am thinking "too hard" about things.

Just the other day she made a comment about giving our daughter a bath on Saturday nights because it would show her how special and important Mass is on Sunday. Just another small thing that I would have never thought about, or looked at in that way.

I know her comment doesn't seem like a big deal, and it probably doesn't seem like it is blog-worthy, but to me it is statements like that the ground my faith and keep me pointed in the right direction. I thank God for each and every one of her "little ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment