Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Game and Series... for the Ages.

I know, I know... another sports post...

But the Washington Capitals v. Montreal Canadiens Eastern Quarter-Final Series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs was one of those magical series that will forever be talked about. I know our culture has a penchant for making the recent into the 'Classic' but this really was. An 8 seed upsetting a 1 seed in a series that went 7 games. This after Montreal went down 3 games to 1. And most of all - Washington was the most dominant team during the regular season and has the most dominant player in the game on their team. It really will be one that people talk about for a long time.

More than anything... I think mostly that my dad would have thoroughly enjoyed watching this game, especially the third period. Fast action, one penalty, amazing goaltending and a full team effort on both sides. It was pure classic hockey.

I enjoyed watching this game... and the whole time I was missing him and wishing we could watch it together... what a game dad, what a game. Thanks for introducing me to hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment