Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Build your Thighs into Super Quads

4 Ways to Super Quads

How do you think Superman is able to leap small building in a single bound or run faster than a speeding bullet He has Super quads! Growing up I was blessed with big quads. I guess it was all that running around, jumping, squatting, etc. that I did as a little boy.

But as you get older you must make sure that you hit the legs at least once a week. Leg day can be brutal because of the degree of muscle involved and this following workout is no different. We are going for a full leg blast baby, starting by pounding the quads with these 4 super-gems.

1. Squats
I like to start with this exercise. Load on the bar and hit this for 4 sets of heavy strict movement. I like to get nice and low when I perform this. I am practically sitting on the floor and then BLAST OFF! Do 4 sets of 8- 15 reps. If you really want to blow up those quads, do a set of jump squats with 45 lbs per side.

2. Lunges
Now as much as guys think this is a girly move, on the contrary my good men. These are key to great leg and glutes construction. I like to hold heavy dumbbells and will either walk back and forth in the aerobic studio or just squat in place. Do 3 sets of 10 reps per leg, or walk back and forth 3 times in your aerobic studio.


3. Leg Press
I like to use heavy weight with this exercise, especially after the first 2 sets. I have witnessed some incredible leg press feats in my day; 10 and 11 plates a side. You know who you are…simply amazing. I will do 3 sets of 10 reps with weight that I can barely get to 10 with.


4. Leg Extensions
This is my favourite leg exercise. I love to watch the teardrops in the thigh working during every lift. I consciously squeeze and hold the quad muscles at the top and slowly lower to the starting positions – don’t just drop the weight. Perform 3 sets of 10 reps.


Ensure you add an exercise for the hammies and calves and your legs will be Super-Set. If you are not ready to puke after this workout, then you need to pile on the weight. Good Luck and UP, UP and AWAY!

Funk Roberts
Don’t Rush the Beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment