Thursday, August 4, 2005

'Dear Inside AdWords...' - T is for tips, U is for URLs

Thanks for all your great questions. We love hearing from you, and we'll continue to answer as many questions as we can. Without further ado, here are some of this week's questions:

Oh! How I wish I was young (I’m 81) so I could study and learn more about how to take advantage of all Google AdWords has to offer. I have two AdWords campaigns now and I'd like to know what I can do to get more "hits". If there's anyway you can help out, preferably without too much technical "speak”, I would appreciate it greatly! – Manny K.

Dear Manny: Google has a variety of resources to help you understand AdWords and how you can optimize your campaign performance. For example, you can watch our interactive demo on Optimization Tips or read the list of tips we’ve put together to help you get more out of your AdWords campaigns. If your customers are based in a specific geographic location, you may also want to check out the interactive demo on Local Targeting.

I received an email from AdWords that said that I had a "Disapproved Destination URL" in my ad; what does this mean and how can I fix it? –Karen C.

Dear Karen: As you know, all AdWords ads must comply with our Editorial Guidelines. URLs are an important part of the ads, so they must be functioning properly and accurately reflect your ad and website. Be sure that your Destination URL (the URL that a user is taken to) links to a working website (and not to a file or an application), and that your site has content that is relevant to your ad. It’s also important that your Display URL (the URL shown in your ad text) and your Destination URL direct the user to the same website. I don’t know the exact issue with your particular ad, but you can always check out the Links section of the editorial guidelines to see what other factors may cause the URL to be disapproved.

That's all for today. We'll try to answer more of your burning questions next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment